What can Mediation do for you?
- Mediation is a voluntary process of resolving disputes.
- Results are agreements that last longer than those imposed.
- Mediation improves communication, reduces anger and encourages future cooperation.
- Mediation is particularly helpful when dealing with parenting plans and ensuring the best outcome for the kids.
- Decisions are not made by a Judge or Lawyer but rather by the people involved.
- Mediation can save time and money.
- Mediation can reduce conflict and preserve relationships.
- Mediation is confidential.
How does Mediation work?
- Call Cornerstone Mediation to arrange a free interview.
- The initial individual meetings allow the parties to clarify their understanding of mediation and to decide whether they wish to proceed.
- If it is determined that mediation is appropriate then the Cornerstone Mediator will meet with both parties and begin working towards assisting them in finding a mutually acceptable resolution to the issues.
- The mediator then produces the agreement that each party’s lawyer goes over to verify that rights are protected.
- You may withdraw from mediation at any time.
- Evening and weekend appointments are available.